Statement of Purpose & Rules
Newhaven Yacht Squadron was formed to promote and encourage the sports of yachting, boating and angling at Phillip Island,
and its surrounding water. We like to foster and train members in yachting and boat handling and inculcate all
concerned with a sense of water safety and seamanship.
Newhaven Yacht Squadron Core Values & Objectives
- Maintain a friendly, family-orientated environment that fosters and encourages mateship amongst all members.
- Offer affordable, quality facilities in order to make sailing and motor boating accessible to a wide cross section of the community.
- Regularly provide both competitive and social boating activities that appeal to the interests of a diverse range of members.
- Conduct popular and fun loving social activities to encourage the interaction between members and their guests.
- Introduce young people and new members, without boating or fishing experience, to the sport of sailing and fishing.
- Provide training to all members to enhance their general boating knowledge, skills and safety.
- Act with integrity in all matters.
- Be a good neighbour and member of the local community.
For the full statement of purpose and rules of the Newhaven Yacht Squadron, please download the document below.