NYS Committee Roles
NYS COMMITTEE ROLES – as at 19/12/17
- CEO of NYS
- Ensures Committee resolutions and Acts and Regulations are complied with
- Presides at meetings
- Approves payments
- Represents NYS at official functions and with general public
- Ensures that the Core Values of NYS are implemented.
- Provides a set of social opportunities for members
- Convenes Social Sub-Committee
- Manages kitchen and bar/servery
- Supports functions organised by other committee members.
Communications and Promotion officer
- Manages the full set of NYS Communications activities including publications, Facebook and website
- Ensure that members are well informed of Committee decisions (transparency)
- Markets NYS to potential members and the broader community
- Engage with local media
- Identify and apply for grants
- Apply grant funds as specified by the donor
- Assist with Sailability program
- Assist Safety Officer with Emergency Response plans
- Maintain and use the club members skills database
- Responsible for day to day operation of marina, boatyard and other squadron property
- Assist the Commodore in the discharge of his duties and deputises in his absence
- Prepare long term marina maintenance plans
- Manages casual berthing allocation
- Approves payments (usually re Squadron Assets)
- Direct manager of Yard Manager
- Convenes Marina Sub-Committee
- Casual berthing management (Ray Frith)
- Implement and monitor a Yard equipment maintenance program
Other member – Assistant to the Vice-Commodore
- Assist the Vice Commodore in the discharge of his duties and deputises (by delegation) in his absence. Particular focus areas
- Oversee operation of club buildings
- Chair the Building Sub-Committee
- Implement and monitor the buildings maintenance program
- Hall bookings (Peter Gratton)
ON WATER ACTIVITIES
- Responsible for all on water activities
- Assists other Flag officers as needed
- Approves payments (usually re On Water activities).
- Convenes Sailing Sub-Committee and Motorboat and Angling sub-committees.
- Stands in for the Commodore if both the Commodore and Vice Commodore are not available.
- Ensures that an Effective Rescue Procedure is in place
- Develops Calendar of Events
Boating Secretary – assists with NYS boating activities
Safety Supervisor – In consultation with the Rear Commodore develops and manages safety policies and practices. Takes immediate action on urgent issues.
Training Officer – In consultation with the Rear Commodore develops and manages the training program
Motor boating and Sailability officer
- Sailability Coordinator – Coordinates the Sailability Program and Manages the NYS Sailability Shed.
- In consultation with the Rear Commodore convenes the Motorboat and Angling Sub-Committee. (Rowan Draper has agreed to run the day to day operations of the Motorboat and Angling Sub-committee).
- Manages Officer of the Day program
- 2IC – takes Rear Commodore role (by delegation) if Rear Commodore not available
- In collaboration with the Safety Officer and Training Officer improve the skill level and safety of motor boat operators
- Assist in implementing the NYS Youth policy.
- Encourage motor boat owners to participate in NYS events
- Manages the Club Boat.
- Ensures all General and Special meetings of NYS and the Committee are run correctly including timely production of minutes and follow up actions
- Be the Squadron Public Officer and ensure that the incorporated rules are adhered to.
- Focal point for all official incoming and outgoing correspondence including legal, regulatory, member queries etc
- Manages marina berth contract process
- Direct manager of Officer Manager
- Ensures that correct bookkeeping, accounting and financial reporting policies and practices are in place
- Provides financial reports as needed; a summary report to be provided at every monthly Committee meeting.
- Ensure the ‘books’ are appropriately audited pre AGM.
- Convene the Finance Sub-committee.
- Manages merchandise sales