IT’S ON AGAIN – THE NYS FRENCH ISLAND RUN
Come and be a NYS Cruiser on Saturday 2 February 2019, starting at 9:00 a.m.!
See sights and have experiences you’ve probably never seen before: see Hastings/Tyabb from the water, Joe’s Island??(it’s not), French Island North Coast; experience the ‘Channel Challenge’ (as in staying in it – they get narrow up the top end of the Bay), travel over ‘The Hump’ (max 3 metres of water at NE corner of French Island), then back down past Land Lang, Corinella and back to NYS.
All good fun and very valuable experience in using your GPS and depth sounder.
Our convener for the day is Commodore Andy, and pilot and boat captain is Garry Richards.
BRIEFING AND TRIP RULES
1. Briefing at 9:00 a.m. sharp. All crew members must attend.
2. Departure from marina at 9:30 a.mm sharp – we have a high tide at ‘The Hump’ to catch!
3. All boats to have VHF radios tuned to channel 73.
4. All boats must be capable of cruising comfortably at 12 knots minimum.
5. Trip distance is approximately 45 nautical miles and the whole trip will take most of the day. Boats MUST carry plenty of fuel, including reserve fuel.
6. Personal items: we aren’t able to stop at shops or toilet facilities. So please bring food, drinks, sunscreen, etc. Also, maybe throw in some fishing gear!
REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED ASAP
Please email Andy Chappell on firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, boat details, mobile number, and email address if you are planning to come.
If we need to cancel due to low numbers or bad weather we will email you.
Any queries please call Andy on 0407996763